Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple that is oh so good for you! Have you ever tried protein powder with Greek yogurt and pineapple? If you are a fearless dairy lover, we have good news our whey protein powder is back, new and improved. Our whey protein is more than just a meal replacement, as you can get creative with our protein powder. While summer is just about over, you can still enjoy this Greek yogurt pineapple fruit bowl with added 310 Shake Whey Vanilla Protein Powder.
Amazing Benefits Of Bromelain Enzymes Found In Pineapple
Do not count summer out, as we still have a little over a month left of good times and good, cool eats. Pineapples are a refreshing, juicy snack that equally provide a healthy punch. Did you know that one serving of pineapple offers your body half of its daily vitamin C requirement? The benefits do not stop there, as pineapples also contain enzymes called proteolytic and bromelain.
In fact, medical studies have determined that bromelain acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, which helps to reduce mucus build up in the throat and nose. What is more amazing is that bromelain found in pineapples contains cancer and tumor fighting properties.
Medical Research: Benefits Of Enzymes In Pineapple
“Its properties include: (1) interference with growth of malignant cells; (2) inhibition of platelet aggregation; (3) fibrinolytic activity; (4) anti-inflammatory action; (5) skin debridement properties. These biological functions of bromelain, a non-toxic compound, have therapeutic values in modulating: (a) tumor growth; (b) blood coagulation; (c) inflammatory changes; (d) debridement of third-degree burns; (e) enhancement of absorption of drugs.”
Scheduled to have surgery or a medical procedure anytime soon? If you are, we have good news as bromelain enzymes help to reduce bruising, pain, and swelling, and it speeds up healing time.
Watch How To Make Your Own Pineapple Fruit Bowl + Greek Yogurt + Whey Protein
- Pineapple (1 cup)
- Mango (1)
- Greek Yogurt (2 cups)
- 310 Shake Whey Vanilla Protein Powder (1 scoop)
- Sliced Almonds (1 tablespoon)
- Shredded Coconut (1 tablespoon)
- NOTE: You can add any additional fruit. Kiwi in the video was used more for decoration.
- First, cut off the head of a large pineapple using a pineapple corer and then slice up the extracted pineapple.
- Next, mix plain Greek yogurt with 310 Shake Whey Vanilla Protein Powder and then add the mixture to the inside of the shelled pineapple.
- Lastly, stack the inside of the pineapple shell with pineapple and mango slices, then add final toppings.
- In Summary: We used sliced almonds and shredded coconut, however you can choose other nuts and toppings of your choice.
- Optional: Kiwi in the video is more for decoration and is optional.