If you are in search of a fresh and light protein summer snack, one that is refreshing, then try a simple pineapple fruit bowl with nonfat cottage cheese. If you do not eat dairy, then consider swapping the cottage cheese for a vegan or non-dairy alternative.
- Large Pineapple (1)
- Mango (1)
- Nectarine (1)
- Kiwi (2)
- Almond Shavings or slices (1/2 cup or less)
- Non-Fat Cottage Cheese
- First, core out your pineapple and then cut it in half.
- Next, use the shell of the pineapple as a bowl and begin layering with cottage cheese, then chopped up pineapple.
- Finally stack your remaining fruit: mango, kiwi, and nectarine once you've diced or cubed them.
- Top off with almond shavings or slices
Be Creative With Your Pineapple Fruit Bowl
Generally speaking, you can choose your own fruit to add to your pineapple and cottage cheese.
Nonfat cottage cheese is an excellent way to get your calcium and protein, not to mention vitamins plus fiber from fruit.
Cool off this summer with this pineapple fruit bowl + nonfat cottage cheese. It is a simple and yet balanced recipe for those looking to make high protein a lifestyle choice.