If you are a fan of chicken lettuce wraps like I am, then you will surely love this turkey lettuce boat recipe.
Do you want to stick with a healthy high protein diet without the carbs and starches? This means you have to try new ways to enjoy your meals. Ever heard of protein style burgers? Definitely consider substituting lettuce for bread or starches as a way to cut out the carbs and still maintain a healthy high protein diet.
- 99% fat-free ground turkey
- cauliflower riced (1 cup)
- broccoli riced (1 cup)
- shredded carrots (1 cup)
- diced onions (1 cup)
- raw slivered almonds (1 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 Tablespoons of Garden Flavored Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Accent
- 4 Tablespoons of Trader Joe’s Coconut Liquid Aminos
- Dash of Sweet Soy Glaze (Final Topping)
- Mix it all together and then cook over medium heat in a pan.
- Try using fat-free pan spray to limit your calories.
- Another tip: adjust the amount of sea salt and Trader Joe’s Coconut Liquid Aminos to reduce sodium intake. I did not add additional salt, so this dish is relatively low in sodium and healthy.
Spice Things Up By Going From Sweet To Hot
It is my personal opinion that Sriracha makes everything tastes better, but I’m a huge hot sauce fan. As a matter of fact, Scriracha has sort of taken over the hot sauce industry and is dominating the shelves in our grocery stores. There is now Sriracha ketchup and Sriracha mayonnaise and even sriracha burgers at various restaurants.
So, you can always spice things up by adding a splash of Sriracha and substituting it for the sweet soy glaze for your final seasonal dash.
Health Benefits of the Ingredients
1 Cup of Shredded Carrots:
- Vitamin A 368%
- Vitamin C 11%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 2%
1 Cup of Diced Onions:
- Protein 2.9g
- Vitamin A 0.1%
- Vitamin C 18%
- Iron 2.8%
4 Garlic Cloves:
- Protein .8g
- Vitamin C 6.2%
- Iron 1.1%
1 Cup of Slivered Almonds:
- Fiber 12g
- Protein 21g
- Iron 20%
Last, but not least, 99% ground turkey is a fantastic way to get the protein your body needs. The Trader Joe’s Cononut Amino Acid is a soy-free substitute for Paleo dieters and those who are on a soy-free diet. This meal is simple to make and does not take long at all.