All carbs are definitely not created equal. For instance, “good carbs” are worth their weight in gold to the body. The ultimate “good” carbohydrate is sweet potato or yam, which are rich in antioxidants, essential vitamins, and vital energy.
Of course, summer months make turning on the oven to bake a potato feel oppressive. A better way to get the benefits of the veggie without the heat–or the wait–is to create noodles.
Sweet Potato Mediterranean “Pasta”
Accordingly, “spiralizing” is the genius process of creating noodles, chips, and other styles of “pasta” with vegetables. Notably, zucchini and squash are the best-known vegetables for this use. However, sweet potatoes create incredible-tasting, beautifully-colored pasta as well.
- *Veggie Spiralizer
- Two (2) large sweet potatoes, peeled
- Turkey kielbasa
- Black Olives
- Plum Tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- S&P, to taste
- Spiralize the potatoes.
- Slice the kielbasa into medium-thin rounds.
- Chop artichokes into hearty chunks.
- Heat two tablespoons of EVOO in a lightly salted saucepan.
- Put the noodles into the saucepan and saute until sufficiently tender.
- Turn off the heat once the noodles are tender and add salt and pepper to taste.
- While noodles are still hot, throw in kielbasa, artichoke, olives, and plum tomato and toss to mix.
Now enjoy this delicious, easy summer dish that satiates and thrills!